July 4 is arguably one of the best holiday weekends in Lake Tahoe. Why? Sunny skies, Lake Tahoe beaches and one of the best fireworks displays in the country.
Here are some must do’s for your 4th of July Lake Tahoe getaway:
- A Day at Sand Harbor- the drive over to Sand Harbor Beach, Nevada (15-35 min drive depending on where you stay in North Lake Tahoe) is absolutely worth it. This sandy beach boasts the best views in Lake Tahoe and a great swimming area for the whole family.
Photo: Karen Hutton
- Float the Truckee River- A great way to get on the water and soak up the sun! Your adventure starts in Tahoe City where you’ll enjoy a peaceful 5 mile stretch of the Truckee River ending at the bottom of Alpine Meadows Road.
- A Day of Play on Lake Tahoe- Feeling adventurous? Have a day of play at Lake Tahoe! Chose your mode of transportation from High Sierra Water Ski School. They offer all sorts of fun: water skiing, wakeboard, paddleboard, wakesurfing, power boat rentals, jet ski rentals and kayak rentals.
- 4th of July Parade in Historic Downtown Truckee- The annual 4th of July parade is a great way to kick off your day. This year we’re excited to join in the fun! Squaw Valley will have our very own float with special guest appearances from Olympians Julia Mancuso & Travis Ganong!
Photo: Truckee Travel Guide
- 4th of July Fireworks- Lake Tahoe is known for its spectacular 4th of July Fireworks and festivities. Pick a location, grab the family and enjoy the fun! See Fireworks schedule
Photo: Jeff Dow/North Lake Tahoe Resort Association
Lodging Available for July 4th Weekend
Pack your red, white & blue threads and head to the mountains for one star spangled weekend! Stay in the North Lake Tahoe area for the 4th of July.
Call for reservations or questions
Book Your Stay